Click here for more Suchomimus Pictures
Suchomimus was a carnivore (meat-eater) that lived during the
about 120 to 110 million years ago.
Suchomimus is believed to have been about 40 feet (12 meters) long, and probably weighed about, or over, 6 tons.
Like its relative Spinosaurus,
Suchomimus had a long snout and narrow jaws, and is believed to have eaten fish
as part of its diet. Also like Spinosaurus,
Suchomimus had tall extensions to its vertebrae which probably held up a fin or sail of skin, although
Suchomimus's fin was much more modest than that of
Suchomimus was a carnivore (meat-eater) that lived from 120 to 110 million years ago
Related Information & Resources
Here is a summary of some of the key facts about Suchomimus:
- Suchomimus was a genus of dinosaur.
- "Suchomimus" means "crocodile mimic".
- Suchomimus was a member of the Saurischia ("lizard-hipped") order of dinosaurs. What this means, is that although Suchomimus was not closely related to lizards, it did have similarly shaped pelvic bones.
- Suchomimus was a Theropod - a member of a group of related bipedal dinosaurs that included the ancestors of birds (although Suchomimus was not itself an ancestor of birds).
- Suchomimus lived between about 120 million years ago and 110 million years ago, during the Cretaceous period.
- Suchomimus lived in Africa.
- Suchomimus was a carnivore (meat-eater).
- Suchomimus's diet is believed to have included fish, like those of its relatives, Baryonyx and Spinosaurus.
- Suchomimus was probably about 40 feet (12 meters) long.
- Suchomimus weighed over 6 tons.
Here are some books from Amazon.com:
Disclosure: Products details and descriptions provided by Amazon.com. Our company may receive a payment if you purchase products from them after following a link from this website.
|By Dreaming Tortoise|
Big & Small
Released: January 1st, 2017
Paperback (32 pages)
|Lowest New Price: $8.99*|
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.*
*(As of 10:01 Pacific 6 Dec 2023 More Info)
Suchomimus Smiles like a Crocodile (When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth)
- Manufacturer: Big & Small
- Brand: Big & Small
- ISBNs: 9781925234930, 1925234932
- EAN: 9781925234930
- Number of Pages: 32
- Author: Dreaming Tortoise
- Publication Date: January 1st, 2017
- Release Date: January 1st, 2017
Click here for more information
- Size: 10.6 inches by 10.4 inches by 0.2 inches
- Weight: 0.45 pounds
Linking to This Page
We do hope that you find this site useful.
We welcome people linking to this website or citing us.